Christmas Eve
Win and I had a stupendous, voluminous, coma-inducing meal at David and Pat's on x-mas eve. Homemade and store-bought breads, marinated octopus, shrimp (cocktail and baked -- or was that fried?), baked clams, calamari, stuffed cuttlefish (new dish from Nana!), pasta with white clam sauce, mussels, eel, looobster, salad, etc., etc., (there was more but I forgot), and dessert, dessert, dessert.
In between courses, David and Pat had a special halftime screening and world premiere of Donna's DVD of Nana's cooking. Everyone loved it. Julie and Ronny raved about Donna's talents, Nana waved her arms around and reiterated how surprised she was to see herself on TV, Tom raved about the choice of music, and Felicia died laughing at the sped-up shots of Nana stuffing the zucchini. It was a big hit!
David looked well, and related a funny story about how the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show was on TV while he was lying in his hospital bed and recovering from the stent insertion. His heart was literally beating so fast that he had to change the channel after 3 minutes before he suffered another heart attack. :-)
A wonderful time was had by all.
Btw, I am happy to report that I've been upgraded from "Schmuck" to "S'mok."





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home