Stupid Stupid Me
My last day was yesterday. Hold the cheers cause unfortunately I'm not quite done.
I have stuff at the office that I was planning to get out this weekend cause my friend has a car and was willing to help out. I got Ms A to approve the memo stating that over the weekend I will be removing my personal possessions including blah, blah, blah. Don't worry I decided not to take their autopoles. I felt guilty.
I also have to go in Monday to finish one last task, to get back my cell phone number. You see couple of years back when it was just Ms A and she was living part of the time in Europe, I'd offered to get an additional line under my plan so she wouldn't be spending outrageous amount for a cell phone she wasn't using much. It was suppose to be temporary. It was insane I know but I thought it was simple solution to a problem. Well when Mr. B can into the picture it was easy to just add him too. Well last year I finally had her change the account to be in her name since she was paying for it anyways. Well I like my number and I think it's only fair I claim it back. Ms A agreed and so I was to come in Monday and do that.
Stupid I know.
I don't know why I keep giving more to people who ultimately do not care. For instantance I put in extra hours yesterday after I was officially off the clock to finish the office manual. MsA asked me to write down pretty much everything I've done in details. I did. Sure I could have left without finishing it but I realize I wouldn't be happy leaving it incomplete. Besides I'm leaving on good terms.
Well this morning I was rewarded with a slap in the face. MsA called me this morning and told me that she would prefer if I didn't remove my stuff over the weekend but during office hours. What!?! But I've made plans with my friend. I would be the most convenient for me. MsA kept repeating that she would prefered if I could make different arrangements. Where did this coming from? Well it's coming from Mr. B. MrB asked me last night if I was aware that Luke (who was terminated earlier) came to the office while they were in Europe for business. I said I was cause I approved it. He was to drop off his key. He also wanted to get something from his computer (which I didn't mention to B). Well MrB was upset. He felt it was wrong. He thought Luke should have asked them first and told them exactly when and what he was going to do. I was shocked. Okay I understand. He didn't want an ex-employee to come when they are not there but since when have we been coporate? When did we start acting so ridged and official? Was Mr. B professional when he asked me if I could take his son to the doctor's? And does 4-5 years of working together mean nothing? I guess the tearing up by MsA when she spoke of losing me was theatrics. I didn't think it would happen to me. Stupid. I was just dumped in the trash like everyone else. I too am an ex-employee who can not be trusted or given a courteasy by allowing her to remove her stuff when it's convenient. "Bye-bye."
Four and a half years and this is the thanks I get.
Oh as for my farewell I got cupcakes that spelled out "cindy merci." After days of what seemed like denial of my leaving, A asked me if I wanted to have lunch. She was going to offer Turkish lunch but we all just had it the day before with clients. Well I'd already planned to have an early, quick meal before leaving for my interview. I didn't know they were going to have a farewell lunch. They didn't let me know. I didn't have any idea since we just finished a client meeting at noon and I'm suppose to leave at noon. She informs me that they got a cake and if I could spare a few minutes for it. Of course I did. I walk over to the conference room and she prepared ten cupcakes from Cake n' Shape. Also on the table was A's (not from A & B, just A) gift to me. A noguchi lamp, the small tabletop one which is her favorite. I have to say like everything about them it truly is deceptive. At first I was glad, almost relieved, that she did something to acknowledge my leaving but then realized how little thought went into it. Evidence #1: cupcakes were from her favorite place. i've repeated stated that I preferred Cupcake Cafe over her Cake n' Shapes. Hell I saw the woman use Dunkin Heinez cake mix to make her cupcakes. Evidence #2: noguchi gift. again is her favorite. something she likes. She knows I'm a photographer. Couldn't she have gotten me something related to photography? A photo book? A photo album? Frames? It's like that Christmas gift of silver mini tray.
Why did I waste all that time? It's like your ex-boyfriend you wish you could forget.
2 Comments:
Ick, I take back what I said before. I'd helped you loot the place, autopoles and all
I'm sorry you had such ungrateful, self-centered bosses. It really does sound like the relationship you wish you never started. But thank god for the divorce, no? New job, new career, better prospects, nicer bosses . . . I have lots of hope for you this year.
-o
my earlier vitriol still holds. you shoulda ripped off some computers! i hope their office falls to pieces and they become poor has-beens with only a few chairs and a flat-screen tv to hock.
did you spit in the water cooler yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home