The guy who replaced Burt Lancaster
I'm sorry it has taken me some time to follow up on the "girl with balls" story, but I've been in wait-and-see mode because I was afraid of posting a glowing account of a great first and second date, only to feel stupid about them later if nothing panned out. Now that several dates and weeks have passed and I'm comfortable with the way things are going, I'll spare you the blow-by-blow for this summary:
First date was on Jan. 21 and I've seen him every weekend since. We've watched movies, gone on dinners, walked inside Central Park in the snow, celebrated Valentine's Day, traded yearbooks and photo albums, and talked...a lot. Everything from our upbringing, our relationships with our family members, Stuyvesant, our moms (his mom also passed away in college), our pets, law school, our boring lawyer jobs, our friends, past relationships, favorite foods. He's teaching me massage, while I introduced him to natto. (Ok, maybe not a fair trade, but I'm working to correct the imbalance.) I recognize that we may have to deal with each other's flaws in all their glory someday, but so far he has been nothing but warm, generous, and good to his word. I'm determined to learn from my observations of other relationships by keeping one foot in sanity's door and watching progress occur naturally, date by date, without losing sight of the interests, friends, and life that I have apart from him. It seems to me like he's doing the same. Overall, I am very happy.
-t
1 Comments:
aaaaha ha ... boyfriend...
Post a Comment
<< Home